Week 4 Post op- more like a rant than anything

I know that I skipped last week, but I had nothing new report. But this week I have a little rant...

So I belong to several support groups on Facebook, and the majority of the posts that I see on there are people that are really excited about something that they eat or they found that they can handle, or even if it is just a question they will ask it. Now being in a support groups you tend to think that people will be supportive and answer the question with answers that will help you. But, the responses that these people are answering with are nothing like being supportive.

For example, I found Fairlife Milk yesterday. I put on one of my support groups that I used that to mix my protein powder for a total of 44 grams of Protein. I don't drink this all at the same time, it takes me an hour or more to drink all of this. The comments that I received were: -You can't digest that much protein at one time- to -Your body will only consume 30 grams of protein at one time. There were many people on there that were very curious about the milk that I found. So I told those that were wondering what this milk was and where I found it and gave them the nutritional information.

That is the whole point of a support group, to help those that need it, to post something that you found to be helpful for you might be helpful for someone else. The nagging about what you can and can't have and trying to be food nazi about something isn't the way to be supportive. Every doctor is different, every nutritional plan is different. When people start a journey, they are looking for ways to make sure that they are getting in all the nutrition that they can. People are scared and they want to reach out for help and those that only give negative feedback are not helping at all.

That is my rant. I found something that will help me get more protein in for the day without struggling and I wanted to share what I found, instead I got people that were criticizing me for eating too much protein at one time.

I am doing great! For the past two weeks I can have soft foods! I'm almost down below 200 lbs and I can fit into a size 15-17 instead of an 18-20!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 & 4 of liquid diet

Day 1

1 Week post op!