Week 2 Post op

Week 2 has been so much better than week 1. My pants and shorts are loose! I can fit into shirts that I haven't been able to fit into (comfortably) in years! The energy I have is amazing!!

Tomorrow I have my 2 week appointment. Hopefully the doctor will tell me I can go to soft foods!!! I'm tired of drinking my meals!

The one thing I have noticed in my support group pages:
 the ones that have had the surgery are wanting to know when they can go back to the way they were eating before they had surgery. Here's my two cents on that. I didn't comment on those pages because I would have gone off. They had the surgery to help them lose the weight that they were unable to lose by themselves. Sure, you can eat whatever you want to, but you need know that the portions are going to be significantly smaller. Like to the point that you are literally taking one or two bites of something and you will be done. If you go back to the way that you were eating before you had surgery, your new tool will fail, and the money that you spent (or you insurance spent) will be a waste of money.

My doctor should also clear me for working out! This I am excited about!! My back pain has diminished, I haven't had any headaches. I am sleeping better at night.

All in all this was and is the best decision I have made about my health!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 & 4 of liquid diet

Day 1

1 Week post op!